Monday, August 17, 2009

Self consciousness/concepts

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm trying to construct a timeline of sorts for the development of the self concept or self consciousness. I mean self con. in a very broad sense, referring to the ways that people understand themselves. As someone with an interest in the cognitive sciences, I'm interested in how advancements in our understanding of our own experience will affect our self concept (from this point on I'm merging self concept and self consciousness into one thing). At the same time, I'm interested in the possibility of understanding the development of cognitive science in terms of the larger development of an understanding of experience. This would include the development of primitive self concepts like the idea of "myself" as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment